|Mr. Ogago Alex||Chairman DSC||0706-080503|
|Mr. Romano Ojiambo Ochieng||Member||0772-521062|
|Mr. Bwire Augustus||Member||0759-427201|
|Mr. Nyengenye I. Wafula||Member||0752-203718|
|Mrs. Auma Bwire Teopista||Member||0774-862235|
|Mr. Ouma John Patrick||Secretary||0772-682075|
|Mr. Muzei Michael||Ass.Records Officer||0756-408228|
The mission statement of Namayingo District Service Commission is:
To attract and retain adequate quality human resource for both district and urban local government to enable them deliver services to the population.
The following constitute the strategic objectives of the Namayingo District Service Commission.
i. To recruit the required number of staff to fill the vacant posts in the District and Town Council establishments.
ii. To create a conducive working environment for staff to deliver quality services.
iii. Exercise impartiality, fairness and equity in all appointments.
iv. Protect the public from acts of unscrupulous public servants by handling cases of indiscipline without fear or favour.
v. To promote transparency and accountability by producing quarterly, tri-Annual, and Annual reports as required by law.
The following constitute the key outputs of the Namayingo District Service Commission.
a) Adequate and quality staff for both the District and urban council recruited
b) Quarterly, Tri-annual and Annual reports on performance of the DSC produced and submitted to mandatory authorities.
c) Public protected from acts of unscrupulous public servants.
d) Conducive environment for staff created to ensure quality service delivery.
e) Natural justice ensured while handling disciplinary matters of staff.
Namayingo District Service Commission derives its mandate from the Uganda Constitution 1995, Article 198(1) of the constitution of the Republic of Uganda and section 54(1) of the local Government Act 1997, establishes the DSC. The provision of Article 198(2) of the constitution and section 54(2) of the local government Act 1997 spell out membership of the DSC, thus the DSC shall consist of a chairperson and four members.
Summary of Key outputs for the period under review
- One external advert run for the district.
- One internal advert for Replacement of staff.
- 98 applications received for the two adverts.
- 61 applicants shortlisted for the two adverts.
- 55 candidates interviewed for the two adverts
- 19 Applicants Recruited for various posts.
- 35 staff confirmed.
- 88 staff regularized.
- 4 staff Interdictions noted.
- 1staff Interdictions lifted.
- 2 Staff Redesignated.
- 30 staff granted Study Leaves.
- 2 staffs noted theirAbscondment from duty.
- 1 staff terminated from service.
- Appointed 5 staff in Acting Capacity.
- Lack of the Board room where interviews can be conducted.
- Table for the Board room should also be provided.
- Funding for DSC operations should be increased since the Commission is fully constituted.
- Lack of the laptop computer for the District Service Commission Secretariat.
- Renovate the current DSC building to cater for Board room, Store for keeping DSC Records and offices